Joel Leppard – Fighting For Your Rights And Compensation
Joel has more than a decade of experience as a defense attorney, in both public and private practice in Florida. He has been involved as counsel in over 50 trials, has been involved in hundreds of contested hearings, and has worked on thousands of cases in central Florida.
If you are looking for an experienced, passionate attorney who is willing to aggressively pursue your rights to compensation after an accident, Joel Leppard is the attorney for you. Leveraging his vast experience as a criminal defense and DUI lawyer representing defendants in personal injury cases, Joel has a unique understanding of the personal injury system. At Bengal Law, Joel is using his experiences to represent victims of car and truck accidents, slips and falls, and other personal injury cases, ensuring they can obtain favorable settlements and compensation for their injuries.
With his intimate knowledge of Central Florida courts, the legal process, and common defenses used by plaintiffs in Florida legal cases, Joel is able to provide skilled counsel to victims in personal injury lawsuits.
Joel Leppard is a long-time Florida resident, first moving to the state in 1990 as a child. He attended the University of Florida for his undergraduate education, and taught at Timber Creek High School in Orlando after graduating in 2004, until he began attending law school at Florida State University College of Law in 2007.
After graduating with his J.D., Joel worked as an assistant public defender in the 9th Judicial Circuit for four years until 2014, and also served as the Chief Legal Officer of Blackwood International from 2011 to 2016.
In 2014, Joel founded Leppard Law, a leading Orlando criminal defense and DUI defense firm. In 2020, Joel expanded into personal injury law, founding Bengal Law to use his experiences as a criminal defense lawyer to help victims recover the compensation they deserve.
Recognition And Awards
- Joel Leppard has been recognized by numerous publications, websites, and periodicals.
- Recognized by Expertise.com in 2016 as one of the “Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Orlando”
- Recognized in 2015 and 2016 as a recipient of the Avvo DUI Client’s Choice Award
- Elected to National College of DUI Defense in 2015
- Ranked nationally as a “Top 40 Under 40” trial lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Ranked as “Best of Yelp” Orlando DUI law firm in 2016 and 2017
- Rated as #1 best DUI Attorney in Orlando by Best DWI Attorneys
- Perfect 10/10 rating on Avvo.com
- University Of Florida – Bachelor of Science, Political Science, Cum Laude (1999-2004)
- Florida State University College of Law – J.D., Law, Magna Cum Laude (2007-2010)
Bar Admissions & Professional Associations
Joel Leppard is a member of the Florida Bar Association and the Middle District of Florida, as well as an inactive member of the Texas Bar Association. In addition, he is a member of more than 13 professional associations, including the Florida Justice Association, National College of DUI Defense, and Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, to name just a few.